Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Literary Device of the Week: Similes, Metaphors and Clichés


Write a blog that describes yourself with at least 3 (three) of the cheesiest similes, metaphors and clichés you can think of.

(sigh...) Fine... just note that I am really bad at this "cheesy" thing...

Eyes as dark as night, hands as cold as ice. Sitting there, slumbering under the morning sun. Dressed in ebony as if he was a doll, remained motionless on the frosted seat. The azure sky starts to wake, as does the boy. Dawn attracted him outside, just like moths to a flame. Every morning, everyday. Waking up as if from eternity, he stretched his arms and breathed deeply. Rubbing his weary eyes, he heads back inside for the day to come.

In the next paragraph describe yourself creatively using at least 3 (three) similes and metaphors (any combination is fine.) Do not use clichés in this paragraph!

I really hate describing myself... alright fine!

With a mind full of knowledge, and a pencil ready to entrance you with its words. Weaving a song with his voice, creates a story of a hero for all to know. His words as passionate as love. His poem as powerful as a speech. He continued to tell the tale, designing it as if it was his own
.

- Include one cheesy photo of yourself

- Include one photo of yourself that you really like
Just note that I did these yesterday, I'm a really bad photographer, and that I didn't care for the outcome for it all. Sue me, at least it meets requirements...

1 comment:

Ms. Charlotte said...

I can't wait for the photos. Thanks for indulging the devoted readers of your blog (that includes me you know.)