Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Hero in My Eyes" Project Reflection

  1. Project Description - What was the assignment?
    We had to write a two page (double spaced) character sketch about a person who changed our life, or more accurately a "Hero". In this writing, you had to use sensory details and precise description to bring to life a moment where your chosen person is most "heroic". If a person were to read the piece, they must understand who they were, how they are like, how they are a hero to you.
  2. Process - What steps did you take to get to the final product?
    I had a hard time deciding who my hero was... there was a controversy of "I don't have a hero" and "I don't know who my hero is". Eventually, I narrowed it down to one person who I remember the most: my friend "Hermit". When I did decide on my hero, the newest problem was "What's the heroic moment?". How fun was that? For the first two or three drafts, I completely ignored the concept of a heroic moment and wrote down a bunch of nonsense that made it look like I tried to incorporate it (:P) The fourth, and pretty much last, draft I finally started to incorporate something that could be considered a heroic moment (see Artifact for more info). And I thought that was the worst part (laughs). The character sketch was only half of the project! I had to get two pictures of my hero and post them up onto a page for a book (note to self, post Side Photo up later), and the worst part was I had to get those two pictures. I didn't have any photos of my friend, nor did he have any to leave behind (T~T) I improvised with Charlotte and had to draw them from scratch. Thank God I still knew what he looked like, or I would've to start the entire process over (laugh).
  3. Reflection - What did you learn? What challenges did you encounter? What would you do the same or different? How will this help you later?
    What did I learn, hm? Can't recall learning anything, just a refresher course. ¬_¬ It has been a long time since I wrote like this, so it does seem like something new to me.
    Challenges... challenges... I think I already stated them in the above post! (laugh) The only other challenge I had (and still do have) is spelling and grammer mistakes.
    What would I have done differently...? Well, for starters I would've taken pictures of my friend when he was still alive (laugh). What I can do is what I would enjoy to do. I like the work I have done. I have no regrets.
    How would this help me later? Do I really have to answer that... this would help me later on to write better stories and improve my writing tenfold. There, meets requirements ¬_¬
  4. Artifact - A physical piece of evidence
Yeah... Sue me. I took Jame's ideas and used them for myself. And this computer can't do my usual keystrokes (Sigh...). Click on the picture for the final product

No comments: