Thursday, October 2, 2008

Literary Device of the Week: Alliteration, Assonance, and Consonance


I really really don't want to do this... my life is as uninteresting as the dust floating next to you. I'll only do this because its required, and I'll do it out of spite.

Tick tock, tick tock. Typing on my terrible keyboard, the text on the screen blinked on and off. I mashed the delete key, erasing my horrid writing. In this torrid weather; my hot, humid drink boiled. I looked at the clock, time seemed to stood still. 6:37 PM, seconds slowly ticked away. It was still Wednesday, but I wanted to finish this undesirable work.

I was overworked this weekend. My computer broke down, the TV burned out, and my MP3 player was busted. I had to fix all of the "fantastic" devices, first time in forever. It was absolutely no fun, and all I did was waste my time. I overworked myself for hours, and all I got in return was a criticizing comment that "I couldn't do it correctly".

My life sucks...

No comments: