Thursday, October 16, 2008

Political Blog Post - Election 2008

Wow... either I've been sleeping too much or I forgot about this until now... God, why do I procrastinate? Gee, I feel brain dead right now.... Wait, I'm always brain dead when I write these things. Must be something wrong with me...

I really don't want to do this, but its my nature to finish all work I have started. Gah... I hate politics.

To think, one average man can change a not-so-average campaign. Joe Wurzelbacher, now formally known as "Joe the Plumber", unintentionally walked into the political scene in Holland, Ohio. Meeting Senator Barack Obama, he had questions about the tax plan. Wurzelbacher thought about buying a company that could make over $250,000 per year, but was afraid that Obama might tax him for because of it.

"I think that when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody," Obama told Wurzelbacher. Obama explained his plan to Wurzelbacher, telling him its better to lower taxes for Americans doesn't make as much money as others so they can make end's meet. In the upcoming debates, Obama and Senator John McCain mention his name various times, making appeal to win his vote.

Wurzelbacher made his name public for all to hear, it even caught the upcoming presidents ears. He wandered into a scene, now "Joe the Plumber" is chanted in debates. An "Average Joe" (no pun intended) who is now mentioned everywhere.

God, this topic is hard to do... I'm leaving it there because (I believe) it meets requirements ¬_¬ Sue me. My grades are good enough as it is, I'm going to be lazy for a while. I'll comment soon, just not right now.

Note: This was posted on Sunday, Blogger senses it as a Thursday because I made a draft of it during school.

1 comment:

Ms. Charlotte said...

Ah ha! That's why it does that. I wondered about that.